Tips for a Safe and Fun Halloween in Salem
We’re excited for the programming around town on Halloween! Be sure to check out the states on Salem Common, at Charlotte Forten Park (289 Derby Street), Front Street, and Washington Street at Federal Street. Don’t miss the concluding fireworks at 10:00! If you are not in a restaurant at 10:30 PM, Police will ask you to leave. The party concludes after the fireworks.
Halloween is a great day to be in Salem! We want to remind you to follow the following guidelines to ensure everyone has a fun, safe experience this year.
- Seek Alternate Routes! Do NOT drive to Salem on October 31. Take the MBTA Commuter Rail or the Salem Ferry. Park in Lynn or Beverly and take the MBTA
Commuter Rail right to Salem.
- Do not bring weapons, real or fake. They will be confiscated.
- Public consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
- Arrive no later than 8:30 PM so you have time to make the most of your Halloween experience in Salem.
- Do not park in “Resident Parking” zones. You will be fined and may be towed.
- Be considerate of private property and Salem’s downtown residents.
- Be patient! Road closures and details are numerous on October 31. If you must drive, expect delays.
- The party ends after the fireworks at 10:15 PM. Police and Public Works Departments will clear streets and sidewalks at 10:30.
- Find more information on the Destination Salem app and on the pages of this site!
- Final trains to Boston: 10:41 PM
- Final train to Beverly/Newburyport: 10:30 PM
- Final train to Beverly/Rockport: 11:00 PM
- Pedestrian access to the Commuter Rail Station on Halloween night is via the vehicle entrance at 252 Bridge St.
Vehicles will not be allowed in or out of the garage or surface lot at the MBTA station between 6 PM—11:30 PM on October 31.
SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING
If you see suspicious activity, report it to a Police Officer on duty or visit one of the orange Police tents around town. You can also call Salem Police at (978) 744-1212
DIAL 911 FOR EMERGENCIES