Halloween Night in Salem
We cap off the month-long Haunted Happenings with fireworks over the North River, a main stage with live music on Salem Common, and bands and DJs providing entertainment around downtown.
Find live music and beer tents on Halloween night hosted by the Creative Collective at Charlotte Forten Park (289 Derby Street), the Front Street lot, and the intersection of Federal and Washington Streets from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm (Charlotte Forten beginning at 1:00 pm).
On Salem Common, the American Vinyl All Star Band will take the stage at 7:30 pm for a free concert. (Tickets for VIP seating are available in advance.)
Halloween night also comes with trick-or-treating, the annual Salem Witches’ Magic Circle, and more, so we recommend checking the events calendar as you plan your visit.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of Halloween in Salem:
- SAFETY is everyone’s business, if you see something say something.
- IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY dial 911.
- BE CONSIDERATE of private property and Salem’s downtown residents.
- SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTES! Take the MBTA Commuter Rail to Salem on Halloween night. Park in Lynn or Beverly and take the Commuter Rail right to Salem. Coming from Boston? Hop on the Salem Ferry from Long Wharf!
- BE PATIENT. Road closures and details are numerous on October 31 (find them all here). If you must drive, expect delays.
- ARRIVE EARLY. Plan to arrive no later than 8:30 pm so you have time to make the most of your Halloween experience in Salem.
- FOLLOWING PARKING SIGNS. Do not park in “Resident Parking” zones. The fine is $40, and you may be towed.
- DON’T GET STUCK. The MBTA will be closing the garage at the Commuter Rail station to cars from 6:00 pm to 12:00 am. No cars will be permitted to enter or exit the garage during those hours.
- DO NOT BRING WEAPONS, FAKE OR REAL, as they will be confiscated.
- PUBLIC CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL is prohibited.
- TRIPLE FINES ARE IN EFFECT on October 31. This means citations for illegal behavior including public drinking, vandalism, and littering, could have fines up to $300.
- THE PARTY ENDS AFTER THE FIREWORKS. Plan to depart at 10:30 pm, as police and the public works department will be clearing the streets and sidewalks.